Hotels in Jasper, Alberta are known for being surrounded by Mother Nature, and they provide a fantastic, family-friendly getaway. However, other Alberta hotels don’t have the kinds of perks that the Best Western Jasper Inn & Suites provides. Family suites with a kitchen and fireplace make extended stays comfortable. The pool facility, steam room, hot tub and sauna are perfect places to relax after a full day of adventure. The popular restaurant and lounge has a little something extra every morning. Other Jasper, Alberta hotels don’t always put service first. Their friendly staff members are happy to help you plan the ultimate vacation. Whether you want to spend the day on Maligne Lake, check out the Jasper Tramway or go golfing at Jasper Park Lodge GC, getting around is easy. Whitewater rafting is a favorite activity in the summer, while the Maligne Canyon Icewalk can’t be missed during the cold season. The nearby mountains filled with hiking and wildlife is a major reason many guests return to this Jasper hotel. The convenient location for sightseeing and photography has made this hotel very popular. Enjoy a quiet location away from the main street, but still close to convenient destinations. The region boasts the world’s largest dark sky preserve for stargazing.
Front Desk and Lobby:
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western’s Mobile Concierge platform.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, including the installation of floor decals and plexiglass partitions, and the removal of all lobby brochures, magazines and papers.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place every 2-4 hours.
- Sanitizing stations will be installed throughout hotels.
Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- Housekeeping offerings will be modified for stay-over guests, including the elimination of a full cleaning service unless specifically requested by guests.
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. Guest rooms will not be entered for 24-72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize the health and safety of guests, including:
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces and cross contamination.
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generator or ultraviolet devices.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
Hotel Associates and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.