Stay at this Nanaimo hotel in British Columbia offering comfortable accommodations convenient to Vancouver Island University and Woodgrove Mall.
Located at the hub of Vancouver Island, the Best Western Northgate Inn located in Nanaimo, British Columbia offers guests incredible value, unbeatable amenities and an ideal location to area sights and businesses.
Guests staying at the Best Western Northgate will enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast each morning, while staying in a beautifully appointed guest room that is fully equipped with a refrigerator, cable television and high-speed internet access. Select rooms feature microwaves, king size beds or Jacuzzi's suites. After a busy day, unwind and work out in the exercise facility.
Whether traveling for business or for pleasure, the Best Western Northgate Inn is situated close to everywhere you want to be. Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy shopping a variety of brand name shops at the nearby Woodgrove Mall. Vancouver Island University is also just minutes away making this Nanaimo hotel ideal lodging for visiting family and friends. The Best Western Northgate Inn also frequently hosts visitors in town for the Nanaimo Marine Festival and Harbour City Half Marathon.
The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Northgate Inn is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Make a reservation today and save!
If booking a pet friendly room, please contact the property to ensure a room is available.
Front Desk and Lobby:
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western’s Mobile Concierge platform.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, including the installation of floor decals and plexiglass partitions, and the removal of all lobby brochures, magazines and papers.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place every 2-4 hours.
- Sanitizing stations will be installed throughout hotels.
Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- Housekeeping offerings will be modified for stay-over guests, including the elimination of a full cleaning service unless specifically requested by guests.
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. Guest rooms will not be entered for 24-72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize the health and safety of guests, including:
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces and cross contamination.
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generator or ultraviolet devices.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
Hotel Associates and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.