Portsalon Golf club was founded by Colonel B.J Barton in 1891. Colonel Barton established the Portsalon Hotel and Golf Links and was very forward thinking in Portsalon becoming one of the founder member of the Golfing Union of Ireland, the oldest golf union in the world. The course was designed by Charles Thompson, the Portrush professional. The links quickly earned a reputation as one of the best around and attracted visitors from near and far.
In 2000, a major redesign of the links was undertaken. Renowned architect, Pat Ruddy was tasked with upgrading the links to keep pace with the modern game. The course was lengthened considerably and nine completely new holes were added.
There are no reviews for this course.