Shannon Lake Golf Club, playing amongst towering pines and moderate elevation changes, is a true test to golfers of all abilities. The signature 8th hole is a 425-yard risk/reward par 4, played alongside beautiful Shannon Lake. One would have to consider Shannon Lake golf course a hidden gem for the Okanagan Valley. Situated in West Kelowna (formally Westbank) the 6,294-yard layout will have you using every golf club in the bag.
The Shannon Lake Golf Club unveiled its new clubhouse in conjunction with the beginning of the 2015 season. Visit Courses Restaurant for a wide array of menu items, a constantly evolving wine list, and local craft brewery selections. Also in store of 2017 are renovated teeing areas on holes #3, #7 and #14.
Be sure to determine the pin location on hole #3. A treacherous tired green with a high demand for a wedge in. If you hit the hill without a good kick forward, be prepared for a putt that can be easily 40 to 50 feet if the pin location is tucked in the top back! You will cross the quite residential road to get to the elevated forth tee. you may notice the flowers, a local resident takes it upon herself to beautify the tee box. Play a high 6 iron, perhaps 5 demanding on your skill and length off the tee. Not a lot of error for margin left or right. The green is relatively flat, par is considered good here. Hole 5 is not long, but your 2nd shot is critical. Suggestions, play a 3 or 4 iron or long hybrid down the middle, do not pull it left, trees and bunkers will hinder your ability to have a shot to the green, which has a stream running along the front. A gentle hill behind the green will allow for some fortunate bounces down to the green.
The back nine at the Shannon Lake golf course provides some neat peek a boo vistas looking down to Okanagan Lake. Hole #12 climbs upwards and if you are daring, Strike a strong 3-wood and you can be green side, but beware of the ridge in the green. Making birdie here is very "do-able" if your approach is well received into the green.
Hole #13 is a short par 5, but requires two well placed shots. Driver off the tee here is a no-no. An easy 3- or 5-wood will suffice, then your second shot up the hill requires easily two extra clubs extra. So, eye it up before you make a club selection. This two tiered green also gives you a chance at birdie, or more often, a bogey. Once you head over to hole #14, you have arrived at the highest point of the Shannon Lake Golf Club. Another easy par 4, assuming you hit it straight down the middle, a mid- to long-iron off the tee is all you need here. Look for turtles in the deep pond to the left of the green.
A day at Shannon Lake Golf Course will be most enjoyable. It is ideal to plan golfing here either on an arrival or departure day should you be traveling the Kelowna - Merritt connector via home to/from the lower mainland. Shannon Lake Golf Club is located just off Highway 97, immediately north of West Kelowna, and only 10 minutes from downtown Kelowna.
COVID updates May 31st
Great news! The Restaurant has started doing some trial runs offering BEVERAGE SERVICE ONLY!
Approximate hours of operation on these "trial days" will be from 11:00am to 7:00pm. The *New* entrance to the restaurant will be the doors above the 1st tee area adjacent to the upper tee deck (Old Smoking Patio). The *New* smoking area has been moved to the front of the clubhouse on the patio beside the hydro box.
Food service with consistent hours of operation will start in the next week or so.
We are excited to have everyone join us again at Courses Restaurant and there are a few things that have changed. Please read below to understand what you can expect when you come to dine with us at Courses Restaurant.
- Courses Restaurant will be operating at no more than 50% of our capacity in order to ensure the safety of our guests and team members
- We have implemented extra cleaning and sanitizing protocols for your safety
- Reservations are recommended, you can call 250 768-4653 to make a reservation. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes. If you do not show up within the 15 minutes window your table will be given away
- When you arrive, please follow social distancing rules and markers. Please stay 6ft away from all other guests that are not in your group
- Please do not enter the restaurant until you have been invited to do so. Please wait for a server/hostess to seat you at a clean and sanitized table
- Maximum group size of 6
- Please do not move tables or chairs around as they have been set in a way to ensure the proper distancing protocols are met
- We ask that our guests do not approach the bar to order dine in service, please wait for your server to approach your table and take your order
- Bar service will be limited to concession sales for the golf course and payment of bills
- One individual in each group will be asked to provide their name and an email address or phone number
- There are hand sanitizers placed around the restaurant and at the entrance for your safety
- Washrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized hourly
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized in between guests
- Servers will provide a water jug at your table and ask the guests to fill their own water
- At this time, we are unable to provide full wine service or tastings
- We will provide one time use condiments for ketchup, mustard, etc. Salt & pepper shakers will be removed between guests and sanitized
- In order to keep our servers safe, they will avoid reaching around our guests to place or clear dishes. Food dishes and beverages will be placed on one corner of the table for guests to pass to each other and for clearing
- We have enhanced cleaning of all frequent touchpoints including walls, tables, chairs, barstools, coasters, condiments, coat hooks, restrooms, doors including front door, restroom door, etc.
- We will be asking all guests to come to the bar to pay their bill
- We will have one entrance and one exit
We know it has been awhile since many of you have been able to sit and visit with your friends in a restaurant seating environment. While in Courses Restaurant you may see many other friends that you haven’t been able to catch up with in awhile. However, we ask that you do NOT approach other tables and mingle/visit with other groups.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you soon.
***Please note that if you do not follow the above rules you will be asked to leave***