Tobiano Golf Course, designed by award-winning Canadian golf architect Thomas McBroom. Tobiano golf sits on the historic site of Six Mile Ranch. Tobiano golf course is one of the gems of golf in not only the Thompson Region, but for the entire province of British Columbia. Boasting five very demanding par 5s, Tobiano golf is as visually captivating as it is to play. Score Golf Magazine even refers to Tobiano as a "magnificently sculpted course and an aerial photographer's dream."
Complete with a 10,000 sq. ft clubhouse, golf shop, indoor/outdoor dining facility and enticing practice facility, Tobiano golf can be enjoyed both by energetic beginners and the elite professional. Be sure to select the best tees for a fun experience, otherwise you will find this course very demanding with the forced carries
Tobiano Course Architect - Thomas McBroom
The name Thomas McBroom, who is the course architect of Tobiano Golf in Kamloops, British Columbia, is synonomous with award-winning golf design. During his 20 year career, McBroom has racked up more accolades than can be counted. However, those of note besides Tobiano's awards, include having 12 of his courses (more than any other living architect) named in SCOREGolf's Top 100 Canadian Courses for 2006, and numerous Canadian courses being named as "The Best New Course" for various years.
- NEW! - Tobiano Golf Voted #5 of the Top 59 Canadian Public Courses by SCOREGolf Magazine, 2013!
- Tobiano Voted #1 Public Course in BC, plus "Most Beautiful" and "Best Conditioned", by SCOREGolf Magazine, 2013.
- Ranked in the Top Three Public Courses in BC for "Most Fun"!
- Tobiano Voted Canada's #1 Public Golf Course in BC 2009 & 2011!
Covid 19 Safety Policies
- Tee times are available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tee times will be 10 minutes apart
- Reservation formats:
- Twosomes only until 1:00 pm
- Threesomes available after 1:00 pm
- three same-household members in two carts
- two same-household members + another person in a separate cart.
- Foursomes available after 1:00 pm
- four same-household members in two carts
- two same-household members in a shared cart and two same-household members in a shared cart
- In all cases a maximum of two carts per tee time.
- Walk-ons are not yet permitted.
- Carts MUST be off the golf course by 8:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Same-day replay rounds may not be available
Check-in and Payment Policy
- Upon arrival please speak to the outside service employee
- The outside service employee will then indicate your arrival to the golf shop, the golf shop will then process green fee payment FOR THE ENTIRE TEE TIME using the credit card provided at the time of your booking. A receipt will be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided at the time of booking.
- You will then be assigned a cart that has been sanitized for your use. Please fill out the cart waiver form on the steering wheel in full and drop it in the cart waiver form box provided. Please do not use your own lysol wipes on the GPS screens as some chemicals may damage them.
- MAXIMUM 1 person per cart unless you are playing with someone in the same household - this is changing for June 1st - 2 per cart if you both are ok with riding together.
- NO BAG DROP service at this time, you are required to load and unload your items on the power carts themselves
- Please do not arrive more than 20 minutes prior to your tee time (so as to limit the number of people in the parking lot and around the clubhouse building)
- Please be at the first tee and teeing off at your specific tee time
- Food and beverage take-out service will be available from The Black Iron Club & Grill, with concession items from 8:45am-12pm and full takeout menu from 12-8 pm. Please call 250-434-5858 to place your orders.
Golf Shop Policy
- Access to the golf shop will not be available at this time
- If you are interested in purchasing any product (gloves, balls, tees etc) please call the golf shop prior to or upon your arrival and someone will be able to assist you in whatever it is that you need.
- Entering the golf shop and trying on any products is not allowed at this time
- There will be no refunds or exchanges on any merchandise purchased at this time
- Cash and debit card will not be accepted, only payment by credit card is allowed
Practice Facility Policy
- The driving range will not be open at this time
- The two putting greens and chipping green will be open for use prior to your tee time.
- The 1st Tee putting green is only available to the group that is next up on the tee box.
- Practice greens are to be utilized by a MAXIMUM of 2 people at one time.
- There will be no holes or flagsticks on the practice greens, nor practice balls. You must utilize your own golf balls.
- Coming to Tobiano just to utilize the practice facilities is not permitted at this time
On course measures
- There will be no rakes in the bunkers
- The bunkers are to be played as Ground Under Repair at this time
- On course washrooms will be closed
- There will be no sand and seed bottles
- Cups will be set with a foam riser so golf balls will enter the hole but not be sunk to the bottom for easy retrieval.
- Please refrain from touching the flagstick
- On course garbage and recycling bins will only be available in the 10th tee box.
After Round Policy
- Please return your power cart to the designated cart drop off area in the parking lot
- Garbage and recycling bins will be available in the designated cart drop off area
- Please COMPLETELY empty your cart of all personal belongings and garbage
- If you have placed an order for take-out service from The Black Iron Club & Grill, please call 250-434-5858 to arrange your pick up
- Please avoid excess socializing in the parking lot after your round.
General Information and procedures
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at our facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to our facility. Call you doctor, local public health or call 8-1-1
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to our facility
- Please practice social distancing at all times (2m / 6ft apart from each other) NO handshaking, NO hugging etc.
- Do not handle each other’s golf balls, tees, ball markers etc.
- We will not be providing, tees, pencils, water, coolers or sand bottles on the power carts at this time
- Please bring your own water as we will not be providing any and will have no place for you to fill up your water bottles at this time
- Following the recommendations from Health Canada, we encourage all players to wear a mask or some face covering while playing
- THE CLUBHOUSE WILL REMAIN LOCKED AND UNAVAILABLE TO MEMBERS AND GUESTS AT ALL TIMES
- The restrooms on the outside of the golf shop will be open and will be sanitized hourly