Key course features for the TPC San Antonio - The Oaks Course
- Traditional design that balances narrower tree-lined fairways with wider fairways offering multiple routes (i.e., strategic options) to the green
Beginning in the month of November each year, the Agronomy Team overseeds The Oaks course, both Fairways and Rough, using Champion Fine: 80% Perennial Ryegrass, 20% Chewing Fescue. All Greens and Tees are treated with Poa Trivialis, in preparation for the Valero Texas Open.
- Intimate design with narrow corridors carved through oak trees
- Only 100 feet of fall from the high point of the course to the lowest
- Bunkering will reflect a natural, rugged “minimalist” with edges emulating the canopy of the native oak trees
- Native grasses and plant are prevalent throughout the course
- Par-72, 7,435-yard course, with forced carries on only two holes
- Downhill holes play into the prevailing wind, uphill holes play downwind
- Bermuda grasses were specially selected for this course to provide optimum playing conditions, diversity in color and texture and environmental sensitivity. Putting Greens are Champions Bermuda. Fairways are Tifsport Bermuda. Roughs are Bandera Bermuda. Collars, Approaches and Tee Tops are Emerald Bermuda. Outer Corridors are Native Texas grasses.