Arbutus Ridge Golf Club near Victoria has a Four Star Golf Digest Rating and was voted the Best Destination Golf Course in British Columbia by readers of Golf Nerve Magazine. Arbutus Ridge golf club is owned and operated by the GolfBC Group and is your first choice for golf in the Victoria and Cowichan area, on Vancouver Island.
Arbutus Ridge is located in the seaside community of Cobble Hill within the Cowichan Valley amongst nine of Vancouver Island's finest wineries and 10 minutes from the cultural city of Duncan. The terrifically scenic 20 minute drive from the outskirts of Victoria or 40 minutes from Nanaimo prepares you for the pure natural charm of the country setting. The Arbutus Ridge Golf Club is a part of the Victoria golf mecca and in the heart of Cowichan's wine country.
Etched in your memory will be three of the most demanding finishing golf holes on Vancouver Island, punctuated by the knee-rattling 214-yard par 3 island green on the 17th hole.
If it's your golf game you need help with, consider Victoria and Vancouver Island's finest location for a golf school, golf clinic, or private golf lesson at the GBC Golf Academy. Arbutus Ridge golf course boasts a full-featured practice facility with five target greens and two short game areas. The instructional team is honorary, with the Director of Instruction winning the 2003 Canadian Assistants Championship and 2006 PGA of BC Championship.
Head straight to the Satellite Bar & Grille and enjoy the scenic patio overlooking the 18th hole. The handsome glass-fronted clubhouse juts over a hill,looking out to the Satellite Channel and offers a combination of mountain and ocean views.
Arbutus Ridge Golf Club is renowned for offering the best vistas on Vancouver Island and friendly, genuine service. Victoria is the gateway to Vancouver Island where there are over 40 golf courses to choose from, Arbutus Ridge is golf on Vancouver Island at its finest!
We are only 25 minutes from the outskirts of Victoria (from the highway turn off where you drive 5-10 minutes from that turn off to Bear Mountain and Olympic View)
- 4 star rating for "Best Places to Play", Golf Digest
- Rated #2 in Canada, Readers Digest Top 13 Golf Courses in Canada 2012
- Host of the CN Future Links Championship, 2011
- Host of the British Columbia Provincial Women’s Amateur / Mid Amateur Championship, 2010
- 2nd Place in Customer Service Cowichan Chamber of Commerce Black Tie Awards 2009
- Sustainability Award, Tourism Vancouver Island 2009
- One of Canada's Ten Best Golf Courses for your Money, UP! Magazine 2009
- Certificate in Environmental Planning, Audubon International 2008
- Best Destination Golf Course in BC, Golf Nerve Magazine 2006
- Hole #17, Top Golf Holes on Vancouver Island, Pacific Golf Magazine 2006
- Host of the Canadian Junior Girls Championship, 2005
- Golf Course of the Year, golfcoursereports.com, 2004
- Host of the BC Junior Girls Championship, 2003 & 2004
- Tee Times: 800-446-5322
Great finishing holes and the views from the clubhouse as especially good...looking out over #18 in view of the ocean, mountains, islands and country side. Very friendly staff and good value. I visited several wineries that surround the course...check out Avrill Creek's pinot noir if you're in the area.
Christopher Nordell - 2011-02-07