A Link to Natural Beauty, Talking Rock Golf Resort and Quaaout Lodge, located on the shores of Little Shuswap Lake offers an experience rich in native traditions. Now boasting a championship 18 hole course, Talking Rock golf will take each and every player on an epic golfing adventure through rugged, mountainous terrain on a sprawling 325-acre site entirely owned by the Little Shuswap Indian Band.
Located midway between Vancouver and Calgary, Talking Rock Golf Resort and Quaaout Lodge is just minutes off the Trans Canada Highway. The peaceful location of the resort makes it a distinct destination for travelers wishing to enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort without all the commotion found in the city.
The 18 hole championship Talking Rock golf course opened on August 1st of 2007 and is destined to become a golfer’s paradise. “We’re working hard to make Talking Rock Golf Resort the # 1 course in the interior,” says Little Shuswap Indian Band Chief Felix Arnouse. The name "Talking Rock" was selected by the Band in recognition of their ancestors who often recorded historic events and legends by painting or carving on large rocks, know as pictographs. Little alteration of the lands was required thus creating a course of natural and rugged character that requires strategy and thought for players of all skills and abilities.
Talking Rock Golf Course offers full practice facilities including a 16-acre driving range academy, two practice tees, practice greens and bunkers as well as lesson packages. A fully stocked snack kiosk and beverage cart ensures no golfer will be left undernourished. Talking Rock Golf Course has four sets of tees allowing all levels of skills and abilities an enjoyable experience. Of the most appreciated attributes of the course is an opportunity to cool down after your round with a dip in the pristine and refreshing Little Shuswap Lake. White sandy beaches and a full service resort lodge ensure that each experience is nothing but complete.
COVID Policies on course
Talking Rock COVID 19 Document
- If you have any form of cough or sickness or have been in contact with someone who is sick, do not come to our facility. We do not want you to spread the infection.
- Practice Physical Distancing always. 2 Meters apart in the parking lot, around the pro shop, at the practice facility, and all areas of the golf course.
- You may only ride in a cart with someone else if you live with them. Otherwise it is maximum one rider per cart
- We will never pair groups together that did not book together
- If you are riding in a cart, ensure that your cellphone and personal property remain in your golf bag as much as possible, away from high contact areas
- If using a power cart, all players are expected to clean out all items and garbage from the cart before returning it
- All power carts will be thoroughly washed and disinfected before any guest is allowed to ride
- All guests are encouraged to pay via tap with credit or debit card. Please No cash.
- Maximum of 2 customers at a time inside the pro shop. Please respect the space of everyone else. Waiting areas are clearly marked by green tape when waiting to check in
- Flag sticks are to remain in the hole at all times, do not touch the pin. The cups will have a cap, a few inches below the surface so the ball does not fall all the way in the hole. Generous gimmies are encouraged.
- All water stations willbe removed from the golf course.
- All benches are removed or roped off. Please refrain from sitting on the benches.
- All rakes will be removed from bunkers. Please bump your ball to a preferred lie in the sand.
- No rental clubs at this time
- Balls will be placed at the driving range & spread out appropriately
- All bag stands will be removed from the driving range
- No holes will be cut on either of the practice greens
- Refrain from touching clubs or balls that do not belong to you
- If you violate any of the above rules, Talking Rock employees reserve the right to ask you to leave the property. No refund.