The Coachella Valley (aka Palm Springs) is made up of the following cities: Indio, Coachella, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage and Desert Hot Springs. The airport is located in the city of Palm Springs.
With over 110 golf courses to play, this could be the world's finest golf destination. Here you will find the perfect environment for enjoying and improving your game: abundant sunshine, low humidity, dramatic desert scenery, easy accessibility and green fees that work with any budget. It truly is an AFFORDABLE golf experience. Keep in mind that during the fall (September and October) golf courses will be involved in a maintenance process called over seeding. They don’t all do it at the same time but course availability and quality may be limited for 2 to 3 weeks.
Here are come suggested Palm Springs golf courses to play.
PGA WEST: Norman, Nicklaus and Stadium Courses are three of the top courses in La Quinta and a must for your Palm Springs golf itinerary. The Stadium Course presents the ultimate challenge, testimony to the diabolical design features implemented by Pete Dye. Each are unique and feature great conditions, rolling fairways, fast greens and fabulous service.
La Quinta Mountain and Dunes courses: Two good choices for an opening day round. They are located side by side in La Quinta Resort and are perfect for newer golfers with wide fairways, large greens and not too much trouble. A classic Palm Springs golf resort for the first timer!
Classic Club: A former PGA Tour stop, the Classic Club is an outstanding golf course. This design is always in great shape and is located just off I-10 making it a wonderful choice for a last round before heading to the airport. And don't be fooled, you're in the desert, but those are real fir trees!
Indian Wells: Here you will find 36-holes of championship golf at it's finest. The golf courses, Celebrity and Player, will test every aspect of your game with forced-carries, lots of water, tight fairways and fast greens.
Westin Mission Hills Resort: A perfect choice for a Palm Springs golf stay and play. The resort features two championship courses on-site offering great value for resort guests. Pete Dye and Gary Player designed the tracks that are considered two of the finest resort courses in the valley.
CA - Palm Springs Courses
- Desert Springs GC - Valley Course
- Classic Club
- Desert Springs GC - Palm Course
- Golf Club at Terra Lago - North Course
- Westin Mission Hills Resort - Pete Dye Resort Course
- Golf Club at Terra Lago - South Course
- Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort - Legend Course
- PGA WEST Greg Norman Course
- Eagle Falls Golf Course
- Marriott's Shadow Ridge Golf Club
- Indian Wells Golf Resort - Players Course
- La Quinta Resort: Mountain Course
- Bermuda Dunes CC
- PGA WEST Stadium Golf Course
- PGA WEST Jack Nicklaus Tournament Course
- Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort - Resort Course
- La Quinta Resort: Dunes Course
- Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity Course
- Westin Mission Hills Resort - Gary Player Signature Course
- Escena Golf Club